Perhaps the most admired of the seven Nave lancet windows for richness of color and detail, this window was given by Mr. and Mrs. Elmer Ware in 1943 as a memorial to Sadie L. Gofton (1864-1939) and Frank Gofton (1856-1928). Close and effective collaboration of the designers, Mr. John Riordan and Mr. Stephen Bridges in the Riordan Studio and Mrs. Sarah Ware, who was an artist of considerable reputation, is evident in this window. The installation was completed in 1943 and dedication took place in September of that year with the Rt. Reverend Charles Clingman, Biship of the Diocese of Kentucky, officiating. The medallions display the Baptism of Christ by John and the miracle in Cana, the changing of water to wine. Above the left medallion is the symbol of baptism, the shell from which flows the anointing water
Below the medallion is the well-detailed Agnus Dei or Victorious Lamb of God carrying a banner and seated on the book from which hang the seven seals of the Book of Life. On the flowing banner is inscribed Ecce Agnus Dei. The seven seals may also signify the seven Christian virtues: Humility, Liberality, Chastity, Gentleness, Temperence, Brotherly Love, and Diligence. With minor variation this symbol is often seen and assumed to be that image described by John, the Theologian, in his frightening Patmos writings of the Book of Revelations, chapters 6, 7 and 8.