Pulpit

Pulpit

pulpit

On the "Gospel Side" of the Sanctuary the octagonal polished brass and walnut Pulpit was installed in memory of John White Stevenson in 1887 by Mrs. Stevenson. The designer of this pulpit may have been the architect of the 1887-1888 construction, but there is no record of the fabricator of the beautiful wrought and cast metal work exhibiting the Chi Rho symbol and other ecclesiastical motifs.

oldpulpit

Before the 1993-94 renovation, the Pulpit was flanked on either side by the carved wood panels of the Chancel rail.