The three windows in the curved walls of the round Baptistry Tower form a memorial to J. Paul Stevens (1885-1918) and were given by his wife Louise Simrall Stevens and their son, J. Paul Stevens, Jr. Dedication occurred on Easter Day, 1927.
#1 - The lancet on the right shows Jesus blessing the children. Above is the simple garment of St. John the Baptist and below the brightly flaming candle symbolizing Christ the Light of the World.
#2 - High above in the central window is a great white Dove, symbol of the Holy Spirit entering into the Rite of Baptism taking place at the font below.
#3 - In the left window Jesus carries the lamb and walks as the Good Shepherd with his crook. Above is a composition of two jars with ornate caps displaying the letters OS and SC, perhaps containers of Holy Oil, which in some relation are considered to be symbols of entreme unction, raising a question of appopriateness in the theme of baptism. Below is a shell-like oil lamp on a pedestal, the symbol for the Word of God and Enlightenment.
J. Paul Stevens lost his life during the First World War. His wife, known as "Weencie," was an ardent worker in the church for many years, on one occasion elected to serve on the Vestry. No woman before having held such position, she resigned a month following election.